Skip Navigation

Fighting Gamecocks Athletics

Sumter High School


Fighting Gamecocks Athletics

Sumter High School

Fighting Gamecocks Athletics

Sumter High School

Announcements and Important Events


2 years ago @ 10:40AM

NCAA Eligibility: Qualifying Information For Athletes

NCAA Eligibility Center Registration

If you want to play NCAA sports at a Division I or II school, you need to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center. The NCAA Eligibility Center works with you and your high school to help you prepare for life as a student-athlete.

What you need before you register

Below is a list of items that you may want to have prepared prior to beginning your registration with the NCAA Eligibility Center.

  • Valid email address.
  • Basic education history, including a list of all high schools or secondary schools you have attended and the dates during which you attended them.
  • Any additional coursework, including details about any coursework you may have taken in addition to your normal high school education, such as courses taken to improve a grade, summer school courses taken at a location other than your high school or secondary school, courses taken at a college or junior college or correspondence or online courses.
  • Sports participation history, including details about any teams with which you have practiced or played or events in which you participated, as well as information about any individuals that have advised you or marketed your skills.

Online registration

The NCAA Eligibility Center has designed with you, the student-athlete, in mind. This is where you will find the tools and information you need to begin your college experience as a student-athlete. Allow at least 15 minutes to one hour to register completely. If you need to exit and come back at a later time, you can save and exit once your account has been created.

Register with the NCAA Eligibility Center by following these steps:

  1. Visit and enter as a college-bound student-athlete.
  2. Create an account by clicking on the “New Account” button at the top right corner of the screen.
  3. On the Account Creation page, provide a valid email address to create an account and begin the registration process. Be sure you provide an email address that will be active even after you complete high school.
  4. On the About Me page, enter some quick facts, including your name, address, date of birth and gender.
  5. On the My Coursework page, enter the name and location of the high school you currently attend. If you have attended more than one school during grades 9-12, you must list every school you have attended. You must include all schools, even if you did not receive grades or credits. If you attended ninth grade at a junior high school located in the same school system in which you later attended high school, do not list the ninth-grade school. If you have completed coursework at home, you may or may not be a home school student for the purposes of NCAA initial-eligibility.
  6. On the My Sport page, select the NCAA sports in which you plan to participate. Provide information about any nonscholastic or club teams you have practiced or competed with and any events you have participated in during your high school career.

Registration fee and waiver

Your account will be eligible for processing once the registration fee is paid or waived. You must pay online by debit, credit card or e-check. The registration fee is $75 for students from the United States and its territories, and Canada.

You are eligible for a waiver of the registration fee if you have received a waiver of the SAT or ACT fee. This is not the same as a U.S. state voucher. You must have an authorized high school official submit your fee waiver documentation online after you complete your registration.

In order to be eligible for an ACT/SAT fee waiver, you must meet one of these indicators of economic need:

  • Your family receives low-income public assistance
  • Your family income is at or below the Bureau of Labor Statistics Low Standard Budget
  • You are a ward of the state
  • You live in a foster home
  • You are homeless
  • You participate in free or reduced-price lunch program at school
  • You participate in federally funded TRIO Program such as Upward Bound 

If you have any further questions contact Alan Puglia in guidance. 

Phone: 803-481-4480  ext. 6218

View all Announcements & Events
Advertisement Advertisement